This week I have a yummy twist on classic pumpkin bread. This recipe adds aromatic cardamom to the mix in order to create a sweet and delicious quick bread that reminds me of drinking creamy chai tea. Chai Spiced Pumpkin Bread is perfect for wrapping up and gifting to your loved ones this holiday season.
I promise this will be my last pumpkin bake for a while but you can’t blame me for enjoying the season while it’s here! This recipe comes from Ahu over at Ahu Eats.
Start with a 15 oz can of pumpkin puree, 3 cups (!) granulated sugar, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and 4 eggs in a stand mixer and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl sift 3 cups flour. Add in 2 tsp baking soda, 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp cardamom.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until incorporated and there are no dry spots.
Prepare some bread pans with some baking spray. My batter was enough for one large loaf and two minis. One for me, two for friends :). FYI these also make perfect muffins if that suits your fancy- just bake about 25 mins instead. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake at 350 for 60-70 mins. My minis were done at 60 and my big loaf needed another 15 minutes. Keep an eye on your loaves. The old trick is you’ll know it’s done when you stick a toothpick in the center of the bread and it comes out clean.
When your bread is done wait a few minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. Your home will smell richly spicy and you’ll be wanting to break out the chai to go with your bread!
I love how moist this bread turns out. You almost don’t even need a salty pad of butter on top…almost.
I hope you enjoy this bake as much as I did. Have a great week, friends and stay warm!
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 3 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- Spray 2 loaf pans with baking spray (be sure to get into the corners) and preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, water, maple syrup, eggs to a stand mixer and mix until combined.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl and mix in the pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it all comes together.
- Pour the batter into the pans.
- Bake the loaf for about 60-75 minutes – until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.