Welcome back! Today we’re going with an easy bake that is perfect for including in your holiday treat bags for coworkers, neighbors, family, and friends. One word of caution: these are addicting! The tiny size entices you to take a bunch each time so beware…
Prepare your pan by laying parchment paper in a 13×9 pan. Make sure the paper covers the pan completely, including the edges. Grease your parchment paper so the cookies will come out nice and easily.
In the bowl of an electric mixer cream 1 cup butter (cold and cut into chunks) with 2/3 cup sugar. When that’s creamed mix in 1/2 tsp almond extract. It’ll start smelling amazing!
Now add in 2 and 1/4 cups flour. Mix on the lowest setting at first. It’ll look like it’s super dry and will never come together.
Don’t worry! Give it a few minutes and it’ll come together like magic.
See?? Now take the dough out and hand mix and fold in sprinkles!
Place the dough into your pan and flatten evenly across the whole pan. I wish I had a mini roller to get it perfectly flat, but I don’t so I just used the flat bottom of a measuring cup to get it as flat and even as I could.
Put the dough in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes while your oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
Now lift the parchment paper out and cut the dough into small squares. Use a pizza cutter to get clean cuts.
Put the little squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment and press some more sprinkles on top.
Bake 8-12 minutes. Chill the unused dough and repeat until all your little bites are baked!
Now you have a zillion addicting little bites of buttery heaven! I hope you enjoy and be sure to let me know about the yummy bakes you’ve been doing this holiday season.
Happy baking everyone!
- 1 cup salted butter, cold and diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sprinkles (nonpareils work best…I couldn’t find any :(…), then about 1/2 Tbsp more for tops if desired
- Butter a 13 by 9-inch baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until well combined. Mix in almond extract. With mixer set on the lowest speed slowly add in flour and mix until combined. Fold in sprinkles. Press dough into an even layer in prepared pan. Chill dough in refrigerator 20 – 30 minutes. While that is chilling preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lift dough from pan using parchment overhang on all sides. Cut into 1/2-inch squares using a pizza slicer. Press more sprinkles over the top if desired. Transfer about 1/3 of the cookies to an unbuttered baking sheet lined with parchment and scatter cookies out spacing cookies 1/2-inch apart. Bake in preheated oven 8 – 12 minutes while storing remaining dough bites in the refrigerator. Repeat process with remaining bites, adding them to a cool baking sheet. Cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature. Wrap up some cute bags for holiday gifts! Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Land O Lakes.